(Marigold) Apple Bake, Wild Calendula Officinalis
A Great treat for desert or breakfast - this is my own creation.
- 3 Apples Sliced (or Pears)
- Handful of Fresh Calendula Flowers
- 1/4 Cup Rice Syrup (or Maple Syrup)
- 4 Tbsp Butter or Ghee
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Free Running Organic Chicken Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Silk Soy Cream (Regular Soy or Almond Milk works fine too but the coffee cream is a little richer and thicker. Organic milk can also be used.)
Place the apples in a baking pan. Remove the calendula petals from the flower bud and sprinkle over apples.
Melt rice syrup (or maple syrup) and butter (or ghee) together in a sauce pan. Stir constantly.
Add 1 Tsp each of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Using a fork or whisk, blend the eggs and milk until frothy. Mix in the rice syrup mixture into the eggs and milk. Whisk this for a minute.
Pour the mixture over the calendula and apples. Sprinkle a little more cinnamon and nutmeg on top and then bake for about 7-10 min at 350 F. The apples should be soft and the egg mixture should result in a custard texture.
Put a couple whole calendula flowers on top for presentation (YES, you can eat the buds too!) Enjoy!